Rip off company that exploits customers on other web sites.Today Shopping Essentials is offering a $15 gift card on Restaurants.com.

To receive the gift card, one completes the survey and then notices that completion of the survey guarantees membership into the exclusive club, which charges just $14.95 per month. Now how does one use the gift card? One does not receive the card; one receives a discount code that cannot be used at a Dale and Thomas Popcorn Store; it must be used at the website, where one must spend about $50, add shipping and handling fees, and then receive the $15 reduction. Which fools would fall for this?

Sneaky way to trap the illiterate. So Restaurants.com gave me the toll-free phone number to cancel my membership. Can't do that! The automated answering service at Shipping essentials demands details such as charge card number and phone number before connecting the caller to customer service.

Cancel membership on website? Can't do that. Automated answering requires your name, phone number, customer number, credit card number before connecting caller to customer service. Do we have to call in the State Police?

Obama?Something is amuck here.

Had an Experience with Shopping Essentials?

Comments

Dr Dabber - Multiple Dr. Dabber AURA failures; $400 wasted while I am NOT Dr Dabber "For the record, I was a big Dr. Dabber fan. I owned their Ghost. I owned 2 Lights. No issues. I bought a Dr. Dabber Aura because of the magnetics. I..." Read more Scentsy - DON'T get taken by the "Join us and start your own business for $99!" Scentsy "I live in the same city as Scentsy headquarters, in Meridian Idaho. I have 5 big complaints as a Scentsy consultant. 1. The people who work at Scentsy treat me..." Read more Michael Kors - Injuries and more! Michael Kors "I was walking out of a lunch meeting with family yesterday and as I crossed the street I somehow tripped on nothing and hit the ground. I was embarrassed and..." Read more Scentsy - DON'T buy the line of *** about "Be Part of My Team!" Scentsy "Don't become a Scentsy consultant. Unless you are willing to ruthlessly track people down to get them to buy more stuff that they absolutely don't need, and lie to people..." Read more McGeorges RV - Poor quality repair and didn't care McGeorges RV "Took RV to get roof inspected cleaned and sealed to look like the picture behind the counter. After taking 2 more weeks to get to it than quoted, they left..." Read more Disgusting Prestige Flowers , Prestige Flowers "Ordered Flowers for my wife for anniversary, delivery fine, looked great when arrived. 2 days on flowers drooping petals falling off. Contacted customer service girl called Nicole condescending e mail..." Read more Hair Sisters - Faulty product very poor customer service Hair Sisters "Bad customer service faulty product sending stuff out without checking their product. I ordered a lace front wig as described there were suppose to be parting space in parting space..." Read more Skechers - Very Poor Product and quality Skechers "I just bought my shoes on 20th Feb'17 in 6500 rupees. Within 6 months cut marks appears which converting on all across . I reported to my nearest place GIP(..." Read more