I bought an item online from The Pyramid Collection Catalog and was unwittingly enrolled in a membership to Shopping Essentials + and charged $9.95 a month for several months before I became aware of the charges.

I called the company and was told that I willingly enrolled and they would be happy to cancel my membership. After some research, I realized the enrollment began when I ordered from The Pyramid Collection. It took some time to narrow it down, since this company has a multitude of catalogs that they are linked to.

Never again. What a shame...buyer beware. I emailed the catalog customer service and told them they are crooks.

Had an Experience with Shopping Essentials?

Comments

Oakland, California, United States #965922

Got my debit cards hacked after my order.30 years the internet.

So sad.Back to writing checks.

I BETTER NOT BE CHARGED FOR ANYTHING EXTRA LIKE PYRAMID MEMBERSHIP .IF THIS HAPPENS I WILL GET MY LAWYER TO DEAL WITH IT. BUYER BEWARE

Ephrata, Pennsylvania, United States #899363

I was being charged $14.95 for 3 months for being a VIP..I only ever ordered 2 things, I never signed anything saying I wanted to be a VIP.

Thye only gave me back 1 month worth..I am very mad.

I have been getting catalogs for a long time but they were SO expensive I never ordered.I saw a red/black reversible cape with hood, for Halloween from The Pyramid Collection Catalog.

I ordered this month around the 8th & I paid $120 for the cape & $26 for 2 day shipping. Well it didn't come. :? I used email to contact this company, no response to 3 emails I sent. I called & they said it was shipped on the 8th & here it is the 14th & it still wasn't here.

They insisted I got the package. I told them I went my apartment building's office & inquired & (They all know me well as I get LOTS of deliveries.) :( it didn't come & to get me the tracking number & I'll call Fed ex myself. The rep says "Oh we don't have that information, Fed ex has that." I'm like no way :x Fed ex always has tracking on their 2 day deliveries (They made me sign for packages before.) Now I was getting mad :( I told them I had ordered this item for Halloween & now I won't get it in time & that I would take this to my CC company. The rep refused to return my money or even ship out the package until "Fed ex tracks it down.

Annoyed, I hang up. 2 weeks later no info from Fed ex,...

I said no way... I wanted a refund in that case. I got the total refund the following day. My Halloween will be very disappointing this year though.

Bad company - never again & BUYER BEWARE. Going to be watching my CC statement for a while as another said there was a surprise enrollement in a membership to Shopping Essentials.

Yipes!:cry :( :cry

don't do it :cry

:( DO NOT be fooled by this company's slick photography!!!They make the items look beautiful and substantial but when you get them, they are shoddy, poorly made, light-weight material that falls apart after one wash.

And ridiculously expensive.

They will not get any more of my hard-to-come-by money.:cry

I ordered the Faerie Tale Top back when it wasn't marked down.It was the prettiest shirt I had ever seen.

So I didn't care about how madly expensive it was. When I ordered I was supposed to receive a discount which was being advertised on their site, but that didn't happen. It didn't matter that much to me at the time; I just wanted my shirt. It took 2 months for the shirt to come and I have no idea why that was case.

I remember calling them after two weeks, then three weeks and each time I called I was on hold for a long time and then when they would see that I wouldn't hang up, they would come back on the line and they were very mean to me. They wouldn't let me get a word out. They never let me finish what I wanted to say and they would hang up on me. When I finally got the top, it was NOTHING like the top in the picture.

It was completely different material and print and poorly made. I'm a nice person and I cannot be rude to people, but I remember calling them to ask how to send it back and they were again very rude to me and I lost my temper. I told them they had no right to speak to me like I was worthless and that they had the worst customer service skills ever. The lady calmed down a bit after I yelled at her.

She told me every top would differ and that's just the way it was. I told her they should at least have a note next to the item stating that. Long story short, it took several weeks for me to finally get my money refunded. I'm...

Please ignore the catalog they send you.The items are pretty, but they aren't like the pictures and are extremely expensive and you cannot get through to anyone because they don't care.

I just ordered from this company, and now I am scared out of my mind. I hope everything goes well for me, then I am never ordering again. :sigh :sigh

this is the worst catalog experience I've ever had to go through!!I shop a lot, and this is a 3rd rate company to deal with.

I ordered about 10 items on clearance over the phone back in November, never received the items. I had to go through the phone, because after spending a half hour online, the sale prices didn't go through. Now I get connected with a person who had no idea what the heck she was doing. Long story short, I am still getting very lame emails from this company about what to do with this order!

NEVER AGAIN!!!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!! I AM CALLING THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ON THEM.

311 THEY SHOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS.:cry :cry :cry :( :( :(

That is so true I got a catalog from Pyramid Collection, and I liked some staff tryed to place the order some idems were on sale, but they were charging me full price I had to cancel my order thanx for warnings.