These SOBS are complete scammers keep an eye on your CC. They got me for a full year before I realized what was happening.

They say I agreed to their program, but I will be damned if I remember agreeing to anything with these bastards.

Each month they charge your credit card hoping that you will not notice their charge among your many others. Each month it is a different amount so you have a smaller chance of becoming suspicious.

They have many complaints against them but somehow seem to be able to continue their CC scam business unimpeded. Beware these unscrupulous thieves.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 15, 2010.

Comments

It really is not this person's fault. I used to work for a company who tried to sell this program to its customers and the call center agents would get in trouble if they weren't performing up to par.

The program sounded like a deal! It was the fine print that a lot of people missed and unfortuantely, a lot of people fell into the trap. The more programs the agents sold, the more money on their paycheck per week. It is really just very greedy and shady.

I would love to see it taken out of businesses. It is robbing innocent people just to gain big money for the company

IF THE COMPANY WAS SUCH A SCAM DONT YOU THINK THEY WOULD BE SHUT DOWN ITS NOONES FAULT THAT YOU DONT CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT AND ITS NO ONES FAULT YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO READ SO STAY UR *** OFF THE CPU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

to YOU MFERS CANT ***IN READ!!!! #788987

Companies like Shopping Essentials can go on for quite a while before anything can be done. Lots of people check their account and still don't notice.

Shopping essentials never sends you any welcome letter or email, nor any statement. What do they offer you? If they were on the up and up you would get an official statement from them and instructions how to use their service. You are the ***.

This happens to way to many people for it to be all of their fault. This company unscrupulously signs you up and because you yourself didn't sign up, it can take you forever to notice it.

TJS123

I just realized last week that Shopping Essentials+ had robbed me of 18 payments from my debit card/checking account. ($19.95 per month).

I never signed up for this and have never received any e-mail or letters from them. When I ordered vitamins on line from Vita-Cost, Vita-Cost signed me up unknowingly and against my wishes. Do not do business with Vita-Cost or Shopping Essentials+! So far I managed to get 6 payments credited back to my card and I am trying very hard to receive a complete refund.

I filed a complaint with the FTC. From now on I will be watching my checking account very closely.

I must be very unlucky (not to mention careless) because I also had similar scams happening from other coupon membership clubs ("Buyer's Edge", "My Fun Source", "ValuePlusOnLine", and "My Advice", which is a membership club for legal advice.) My wife and I don't order many things on line but it only takes one time to get scammed if you're not careful. I can only imagine how many elderly people are being scammed from these type of companies!